Monday 13 July 2015

Life tips: Planning for trips

Hey Ale-gators!

First up, I'm sorry I haven't been writing anything lately but I've been working hard on radio shows, book writing and planning a visit to the amazing place that is Nottingham! Hence why I thought I'd write this little Life Tips post for you to enjoy and plan with!

THE LIST:

1: Plan out your trip as best as you can.

learn the local area and find attractions that take your fancy before you go, I know we all love that little bit of randomness but if you really want to enjoy yourself have a look online at some of the things you can do! If you look in the right places you can find some really awesome things to do in the local community!

2: look at the best travel prices and decide what is best for you.

It's all well and good going by the train but if like myself money is something you don't have a huge abundance of then sometimes it's just not logical to go that way, so it's always good to look at various means of travel, For me to get to Nottingham for my trip it would cost me roughly £250 on the train (for a return) which is hugely expensive! With a little hunting around I found out I could get there for about £45 pound (return) via National Express coaches, while this means it's a 6 hour 15 mins trip it also means I get some time to see London and also saves me £205 pounds! Which I think we can all agree is quite a saving (til we find a pub that is) and although it takes a while to get there it'll be a fun trip if you have the right travelling buddy! which brings me to my next point!

3: go with people who make you happy to be around.

Now this one is one of the most important! when hitting the road for a long period of time it's good to have yourself at least one amazing buddy along for the ride... For me that person is my Best buddy Robin:


Now this guy is what the word Legend was created for, He's my best friend, He's also like my brother, I've known him about Ten years now and every day is a new adventure when you hang out with Robin, you can pretty much guarantee that you are going to have a hilarious time when you see him, We went to college together which is where we really got into trouble for some of the random things we did, So it's great to be having him along for the ride to Nottingham!

4: pack accordingly to the place you are going.

This one is just common sense, you wouldn't take sandals to the northpole and you wouldn't take a ski suit to the sahara desert!
This is where Step 1 and Step 4 kind of intertwine because if you know something about what you plan to do you'll know exactly what to pack for the trip, now do you plan on going clubbing in the evening? or going out to a nice dinner? chilling by the pool or going for a hike? these are all thing's you need to think about when packing, how many pairs of shoes will you need to take? I am personally taking three pairs, trainers for comfort, my sneakers for when I wanna look fashionable, and my formal shoes for going out in the evening, as you can see I like to cover all bases!

5: know all the numbers you might require in an emergency.

This one is important if you are going to another country, you never know when you might need the emergency services!

6: make sure you have adequate money for the trip.

Do I really need to go in-depth on this one? everyone knows that you should always make sure that you have enough for a holiday so you can get home if your plans fall through! also the pub is rather expensive so spend carefully!

7: Have fun.

now comes the best part, go forth and frolic! you'll have a lot more fun if you look for it by exploring! that's the biggest piece of advice i can give you, just look around, be a tourist, and have a fantastic time! 



Right, now I've done my part I'm off to go finish packing for Nottingham! I'll be Vlogging on the way there and when I get there, so keep an eye over on the twitter and Youtube so you'll see it, looks to be a fun time!

Catch you later Ale-Gators xx






No comments:

Post a Comment